Losing hair to baldness, thinning or breakage is a painful process no one wants to go through. The good thing is there are supplements to help you through that. But the search for the right one can be hard. To make your process easier, we’ve narrowed down your search for the best hair recovery system to three products- Har Vokse, Profollica, and Procerin!
What is Har Vokse?
Har Vokse is a premium Norwegian nutraceutical breakthrough aimed to relieve you from the menace of hair loss. Har Vokse offers an all-natural, non-prescriptive hair restoration remedy.
Har Vokse rejuvenates your hair with the help of crucial hair-enhancing vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Har Vokse also boasts of a patented Marine Protein Complex, which, in addition to the vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, works wonders to protect and strengthen the hair you already have and stimulate new hair growth.
Har Vokse wants to give you the happiness of a perfect hair rejuvenation formula applicable for all hair types. It is also suitable to all, regardless of your body’s sexual differences. This universal formula comes in the form of simple supplement tablets that are to be taken per their recommended dosage!
What is Profollica?
Profollica is a naturally formulated and clinically tested hair treatment formula that stops hair loss by blocking Dihydrotestosterone (DHT), a hormone responsible for hair loss and patterned baldness among men. The Profollica is a 2-Step System that uses a combo of oral pills and a gel to reverse baldness and revitalize your scalp and hair. However, it is applicable only to men.
What is Procerin?
Procerin is a scientifically developed formula for hair growth and hair loss prevention. It has been clinically proven to aid the regrowth of healthy hair by revitalizing hair follicles and blocking the production of DHT. Made of all-natural ingredients, Procerin is only suitable for men, especially those experiencing male pattern baldness (also known medically as androgenetic alopecia).
Procerin offers its formula in the form of Procerin tablets and XT foam which is best used when used together. It also offers a scalp therapy shampoo.
- Biotin– Also known as Vitamin H, Biotin is essential in hair enhancement treatment and plays a key role in eradicating hair loss. By aiding in the conversion of nutrients to energy, biotin works synergistically with other vitamins to significantly increase the growth of new hair and stimulate follicles for better, thicker hair.
It is also involved in reducing rashes or inflammation on the scalp and improving the body’s keratin infrastructure, thus enhancing hair quality. Both Har Vokse and Profollica share this crucial ingredient.
- L-Arginine– An all-rounder of sorts, this potent, the naturally produced amino acid is a key component of the keratin protein. L-arginine has exemplary anti-aging benefits that focus on the hair, skin, and various bodily functions. Owing to these properties and its ability to stimulate better blood flow to the scalp and follicles, it reduces the risks of premature baldness and greying of hair, protects the hair from thinning and breakage, and promotes further hair growth. It also works to moisturize, nourish and condition the hair. Both Har Vokse and Profollica have this protein.
- L-Cysteine– An amino acid with rare abilities, this excellent ingredient naturally promotes healthy and strong hair by providing them nourishment, moisturizing, and conditioning. It does so by binding keratin strands such that the hair can hold the fiber it needs to prevent dryness and thinning. It is also beneficial for hair growth in addition to the protection it extends to existing strands. This ingredient is available in Har Vokse and Profollica.
- Zinc Sulfate– Zinc is another all-rounder in the supplement industry due to its varied invigorating functions. It provides the body (specifically the hair) with a cocktail of critical hair nutrients that help with hair protection, regrowth, and rejuvenation. These include vital minerals, biotin, iron, and Vitamin C. This ingredient is common in Profollica and Procerin.
- Niacin– Also known in the vitamin’s family as Vitamin B3, Niacin is a powerhouse of revitalization, especially for hair and skin. It enhances blood circulation, thus supporting the flow of oxygen and critical nutrients to hair through follicles. Niacin also ensures thicker, more supple hair owing to its role in building keratin. Both Profollica and Procerin contain this ingredient.
- Vitamin B6– Another revitalizing vitamin, B6 has shown to play an effective role in enhancing blood flow to the scalp and hair follicle, thus enhancing the availability of oxygen and nutrients that are essential for great, strong hair. It also plays a role in hair growth and offers protective functions such as locking in moisture and conditioning so that your hair keeps healthy and especially in the natural color recovery for treated or bleached hair. Procerin and HarVokse have this ingredient in common.
Unique Ingredients in Har Vokse
- Vitamin E– This vitamin is a key component of go-to remedies for hair that is damaged, rough, dry, or frizzy, and unmanageable. It helps in improving the quality of hair inside out by moisturizing, conditioning, and nourishing the hair follicles, and keeping them protected against harmful external factors. It also strengthens the hair and provides a base for new growth of thicker and stronger hair.
- Selenium– Rich in proteins, Selenium is often used to treat scalp problems like dandruff, eruptions, and roughness. Its anti-fungal properties help soothe the scalp and also create optimal blood flow conditions that further facilitates hair growth. It also supports hair growth by its contribution to thyroid stimulation, whose hormones are crucial for hair growth and health.
- Copper– Contributive to stimulation of hair follicles and maintenance of optimal blood flow and thus, optimal oxygen and nutrient supply to the follicles and scalp makes Copper a useful ingredient for hair protection and growth. It has also shown positive and significant effects for increased melanin, which is responsible for the natural conservation of hair color and texture.
- Hydrolyzed Marine Collagen– A powerful anti-aging substance, collagen is essential for the healthy upkeep of hair, skin, bones, and joints. Its bioavailability allows better seepage of nutrients that allows for quicker results when it comes to hair vitality. It delivers amino acids aiding in keratin production, fights hair damage through its antioxidant functions, and reduces aging effects on hair such as thinning, greying, and breakage. Further, in a hydrolyzed form, collagen’s bioavailability increases manifolds.
- Rosemary Leaf Extract– As effective as its prescriptive equivalents, Rosemary leaf extract is a natural, safe, and wonderful herb with anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties. It facilitates hair growth by stimulating blood flow towards the scalp and follicles.
It also supports hair health by providing nourishment and conditioning, leaving you with thicker, softer, and manageable hair that breaks next to nil.
- Amla Extract– Replete with the goodness of vitamin C, Amla (also known as Indian Gooseberry) is a traditional Ayurvedic favorite to treat hair problems. It not only prevents hair loss but also treats it through stimulating new hair growth. Its calcium content ensures a better quality of hair. It also conditions and strengthens the hair strand right from the follicles to the roots.
Unique Ingredients in Profollica
- Panax Ginseng Root Extract– Filled with the power of anti-aging and anti-inflammation properties, Panax Ginseng does a job as well as its prescriptive alternatives when it comes to hair growth. Traditionally known to be a natural inhibitor of DHT, responsible for baldness among men, Ginseng is a potential promoter of a process leading to healthy and natural hair growth.
These include stimulation of hair follicles, increasing the scalp’s dermal cells responsible for strengthening roots and follicles, and protecting the hair and scalp from any viral or fungal infections.
- Acetyl-L-Tyrosine– Popular on the supplement shelves for various reasons, this amino acid in its free form is effective in the protection and enhancement of hair health and quality. It escalates melanin production and its seepage into the skin, responsible for the color and texture of hair.
It is also found to contribute to prevent and reverse premature greying and thinning of hair, especially if they have been bleached or treated.
- Arctium Majus Root Extract– Also known as Burdock root, this ingredient is a super effective antiseptic and cleansing agent. It is extremely beneficial for soothing and purifying the scalp and has anti-inflammation, calming properties.
It also acts as a sebum-regulator which helps fight greasy, oily hair. Its benefits also include eradicating dandruff, firming up the keratin structure, and strengthening hair follicles. All these contribute to natural and effective hair growth.
- Hydrolyzed Soy Protein– This protein is responsible for revitalizing hair strength and quality. It does so by strengthening and mending the fibers of the hair. It also contributes towards preventing breakage by increasing the strand’s resistance by locking moisture and nutrients. It also repairs hair that is damaged or unmanageable and enhances its overall texture.
- Calcium Pantothenate– This ingredient is the calcium salt of Vitamin B5, used as a valuable supplement. This vitamin has key growth-promoting properties for the body in general. In terms of hair, it has shown powerful positive results in reversing aging hair, such as premature graying and thinning. Along with zinc sulfate, calcium pantothenate also works to control hair loss and nourish existing hair.
- Citrulline– An increasingly popular amino acid, Citrulline has shown benefits for enhancing processes that stimulate hair growth. One of these processes is the creation and bioabsorption of nitric oxide in the body, which plays a key role in enhancing blood flow and oxygen supply to the body and scalp.
- Kigelia Africana Fruit Extract– Replete with anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory, and antimicrobial properties, this extract has amazing benefits for skin and hair and is primarily involved in maintaining scalp health. It cleanses the scalp and strengthens the follicles, thanks to its sebum control properties. It also restores optimal moisture and keeps hair smooth, strong, and conditioned.
- Gingko Biloba Leaf Extract– A source of flavonoids, responsible for antioxidant, anti-viral, and anti-inflammatory functions, Gingko Biloba extract has shown favorable results in reversing alopecia by stimulating hair growth.
It also decelerates the process of hair loss and thinning. It also supports optimal blood circulation thus propelling hair renewal.
- Salvia Sclarea (Clary Sage) Extract– Native to the Mediterranean, the clary sage plant has been used in various traditional and alternative medicines for its anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, and calming effects.
In addition to these, it also stimulated blood circulation. All these functions together help the ingredient in strengthening the existing hair and propelling hair growth. Further, it also reduces breakage and thinning and offers to condition the hair.
- Cinnamomum Zeylanicum Bark Extract– Native to Sri Lanka, this ingredient is called the “true cinnamon” for its wonderful and super-efficient properties. It offers crucial benefits for the whole body and stimulates hair growth and prevents hair loss. It is a proven circulation stimulant and offers nourishment to the hair which helps reduce the risk for premature hair loss, breakage, thinning, and greying. It also conditions the hair and also exfoliates the scalp.
- The supplement also includes complementing ingredients, such as Polyquaternium-11, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Ornithine HCl, Glucosamine HCl, Germall Plus, and propylene glycol.
Unique Ingredients in Procerin
- Calcium– A crucial mineral for our overall growth, calcium protects the scalp and follicle from dryness, roughness, and irritation. It has key benefits for preventing hair loss and also contributes to hair growth. Calcium further assists in maintaining thicker, fuller, and nourished hair. It also fights unmanageable hair and improves texture.
- Magnesium– This ingredient offers two essential functions for hair growth. Firstly, magnesium is responsible for keeping calcium in control. In preventing calcium build-up, magnesium ensures optimum circulation to the scalp and keeps your scalp clean and nourished.
Secondly, magnesium synthesizes proteins that are responsible for keratin and melanin and thus promote healthy hair follicles. It also regulates the hair growth cycle and prevents greying of hair.
- Saw Palmetto Berry Complex– Saw palmetto is a frequently used ingredient in treatments relating to hair loss reduction when the loss is caused due to DHT activity. Native to the North American region, the extracts reduce risks to alopecia and balance hormonal activity related to hair growth cycles.
- Eleuthero Root– Sometimes also referred to as “Siberian Ginseng”, the root of the plant has been shown to have similar effects as ginseng (though coming from a different family). It has anti-inflammatory and relaxing properties and also works as an antioxidant. Due to these functions, it contributes to hair loss control and encourages healthier hair growth and stronger follicles.
- Gotu Kola– Scientifically known as “Centella Asiatica”, this herb is a traditional favorite of Ayurvedic and Chinese medicine that has been renowned in the ancient medical world and alternate systems as one of the go-to herbs for the prevention of hair loss. It boosts microcirculation, which is responsible for a better supply of oxygen and nutrients to the hair follicles.
- Muira Pauma– Popular for its hormonal and aphrodisiac functions, Muira Puama actually has a lot to offer for a healthy body, including healthy hair. As an adaptogen, it has anti-inflammation and antioxidant properties that have been extracted to treat alopecia and even promote new hair growth.
- Nettles– The nettle leaf is a powerful, potent ingredient with high anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and mineral-plush properties that are key to keeping the scalp healthy and protected from any damage. Plus, its composition also helps encourage the growth of new, thicker, and stronger hair. It is also a DHT blocker.
- Pumpkin Seed– Pumpkin seeds have been popular in the realm of hair health due to their cucurbitacin composition. This is a special amino acid to assist hair growth. The ingredient also consists of various micronutrients that keep hair, scalp and skin healthy and nourished.
- Uva Ursi– Bearing various names like bearberry, bear grapes, or hog berry, Uva Ursi is another addition to the anti-inflammation list. However, its biggest benefit is its support in combating hair fall by strengthening the roots and nourishing the scalp and follicles.
As is visible, the three products have an exhaustive ingredients list and all these ingredients are completely natural. However, it is also visible that while the goals of these products are more or less similar, their formulations vastly differ. When there is such vast difference, how do we decide what works? It depends on two things: 1. Benefits promised and 2. Benefits delivered!
What benefits do these Hair-Regrowth Supplements offer?
Before we enter the stage of analyzing the ingredients and how they work into their formulations, allow us to sum up the benefits these products claim to offer!
With Har Vokse, it is-
- Gives you thicker and fuller hair
- Strengthens your hair follicles
- Slows down the process of thinning hair
- Prevents further hair loss
- Provides nourishment and conditioning to hair
- Enhances the process of hair regrowth
- Helps in protecting the hair from external harmful factors
- Reduces inflammation of the scalp and cleanses it
- Puts a stop to a receding hairline
Profollica helps you-
- Boost blood flow and availability of nutrients to hair follicles
- Block hair loss by blocking DHT
- Enhance the quality, texture, and elasticity of your hair
- Cleanses the scalp and relieves it from dryness and itchiness
- Regulates sebum production
- Propels growth of new hair
- Prevents premature thinning and greying of hair.
Procerin works by-
- Reverse hair loss
- Block the production of DHT
- Rejuvenate hair follicles and make them stronger
- Stimulate the growth of new hair
- Maintain a healthy scalp
With the claimed benefits out of the way, let us now understand how the varied formulations can deliver actual benefits. Firstly, the synergy of the ingredients needs to be evaluated. This is because how well the ingredients work together can tell us how well they can work for our hair beyond conditions.
- If you look at Har Vokse, most of its ingredients complement each other and have aligned goals covering the most range. We mean to say that it covers proteins, vitamins, and minerals essential for healthy hair without any outlier ingredients that may not fit in or maybe extra.
- Profollica tends to do the same but with many more ingredients. It is also to be noted that Profollica uses a combo of two products instead of one.
- Similarly, Procerin also uses a combo of products with ingredients that somewhat fit together.
However, here’s the catch. The second important criterion is the validity of these ingredients.
- Har Vokse boasts of significant empirical evidence for its ingredients.
- While Profollica’s ingredient list also has scientifically researched ingredients with positive results.
- Whereas most ingredients on Procerin’s label are yet to deliver confirmed results of their efficacy for hair growth. They may be great for other functions, but that is what they mostly are. That makes us doubt if they’ll perform as well on our scalp!
It does seem obvious to us that Har Vokse has a Higher Edge over the other two products in terms of the quality and potential of its formulation!
Do any edges come with buying any of these hair-regrowth products?
The first and best edge, in our opinion, that comes with each of these products is that they are all-natural.
In addition to this, a greater edge rests in the customer’s opportunity to decide a product’s efficacy. By this, we mean that you are free to relieve yourself of the compulsion to consume a product if that does not satisfy you and just because you have paid for it, and this is why each of these products offers you a satisfaction guarantee–
- With Har Vokse, you get a 60 days money-back guarantee just in case you find yourself on the rare occasion of not being 100% satisfied with the product.
- With Profollica, you get a money-back guarantee for 67 days, which includes a trial period of 60 days plus one week to return shipment, for a full refund of the purchase price.
- With Procerin, you get a 90 days risk-free, money-back guarantee if the product fails to meet your desired standards.
Safety and side effects
While Har Vokse and Profollica have reported no known side effects, some Procerin users have reported mild stomach discomfort and skin irritation.
The verdict- which one is the best pick?
Based on the ingredient formulation, safety, potential benefits, and other factors, our winner pick is Har Vokse as the best!
- Har Vokse is suitable for all adults, unlike Profollica and Procerin, which are suited to only men’s needs and body processes.
- Har Vokse is equally safe and efficient for all hair types, unlike the other two products.
- Har Vokse offers the most synergistic ingredient formula.
- The nutraceutical supplement is made of all-natural and safe ingredients.
- The supplement does not require any prescription.
- It uses a dual-action process that hits both preventive and restorative functions of thickening and protecting existing hair as well as stimulating novel hair growth.
- Har Vokse is a premium oral supplement formula that does not require to be aided with any additional products like gels, shampoos, or sprays. Its power is in its pill!
Hence, the Har Vokse offers an impeccable solution to alleviate your hair loss as well as enhance existent hair and stimulate regrowth. However, if for any reason, you don’t want to buy it, Profollica would be our runner up– it offers mostly similar results as Har Vokse, but only for men. We would not recommend Procerin because of its lack of scientificity and the fact that it sometimes produces mild side effects.
Compare Before You Buy: HarVokse Vs Profollica Vs Procerin
|Price per monthly supply||$59.95 for 1 month (60 capsules)|
$119.99 for 3 months (2 bottles plus one free)
|Tablet and Gel Combo: $59.95 for 1 month|
$159.95 for 3 months
|Hair Regrowth Complex: $26.95 for 1 month|
Procerin Combo (Tablets + Foam): $49.99
|Recommended dosage||2 capsules a day with water||Step 1: 2 capsules a day of the Profollica Plus with Millet Extract|
Step 2: Massage the Gel into your scalp after shampooing
|Step 1: (Tablets) 1 tablet in morning and 2 before bed.|
Step 2: (Foam) Apply a Generous amount on Dry Scalp Once or Twice Daily
|Guarantee||60 days money back||67 days money back||90 days money back|
|Where to Buy?||Halt at HarVokse Official Website.||Halt at Profollica Official Website||Halt at Procerin Official Website|
Emily F. is a Licensed Independent Nutrition Professional and a fitness trainer at ShreffitNY. My sole purpose of being here is to provide a fitness guide and health assistance with some most unorthodox means so that people can overcome every problem that age, time, and stress hit us down with.