Consuming enough dietary protein is important for muscle growth, tissue regeneration, and the synthesis of various hormones in the body. A lack of adequate protein in your diet can lead to muscle wastage and cause you to be susceptible to swelling and infections.
While there are many foods that are high in protein, many of them don’t contain all 9 essential amino acids that you need to get from your diet. Therefore, if you are serious about your fitness goals, then you must invest in a good protein shake.
This article is a review of LyfeFuel Performance Shake, a product designed to maximize your workout benefits and speed up muscle recovery.
What is Performance Shake by LyfeFuel?
Lyfe Fuel Performance Shake is a post-workout meal replacement shake that helps refuel your body with complete nutrition for or after a vigorous workout. It helps boost your workout effectiveness, reduce recovery time, and promote muscle growth.
The product is vegan-friendly, gluten-free, soy-free, dairy-free, and also free of artificial ingredients. It comes in two appetizing variants: vanilla chai and chocolate.
Visit here to learn more about the Complete Plant Based Meal Protein Shake, the LyfeFuel Performance Shake.
How Does It Work?
LyfeFuel Performance Shake helps repair and rebuild muscles in the following ways:
- Provides Complete Protein
Plant-based foods generally don’t contain all 9 amino acids that are required to make a complete protein. Performance Shake contains a blend of nuts, seeds, and other plant-based foods that provide the full spectrum of amino acids in adequate amounts, which are required for muscle protein synthesis (MPS).
Apart from their effect on skeletal muscle health, these amino acids also help increase bone health, promote digestion, and keep your skin, hair, and nails healthy.
- Contains Plant- Based Whole Foods
Ordinary protein shakes contain protein isolates and a bunch of micronutrients and are stripped of the goodness of whole food nutrients. Performance Shake contains whole food ingredients, which ensures that you get the complete benefits of that food, including soluble and insoluble fiber, electrolytes, and plant compounds, which help reduce oxidative stress, improve insulin sensitivity, and facilitate muscle contraction.
- Provides Beneficial Nutrients and Enzymes
It contains essential macro and micronutrients that help increase energy levels, maintain fluid balance, and promote cell growth. It also contains a digestive enzyme blend that helps in the breakdown and metabolism of macronutrients and facilitates various biochemical reactions in the body.
- Plant Protein Blend
It contains protein from golden peas, quinoa, and brown rice protein, which help build lean muscles and facilitate tissue and cell repair.
- Pea protein isolate is commonly used as a protein shake due to its impressive nutritional profile and creamy texture. It is easy to digest and helps promote feelings of satiety, improves cardiovascular health, and regulates blood sugar levels.
- Quinoa is a complete protein with a high fiber content and is packed with numerous phytochemicals and energy-boosting micronutrients.
- Brown rice contains many important amino acids and essential fatty acids and is a good source of antioxidants. It helps with muscle recovery and maintaining a healthy immune system.
In a randomized, placebo-controlled clinical study, 161 men were given 25g of pea protein, whey protein, or a placebo twice a day for a 12-week period. The participants underwent resistance training during the treatment and their muscle strength and thickness were measured after the treatment. It was observed that pea protein was more effective at increasing muscle strength and thickness than placebo and provided similar results to that of whey protein .
- Super Berry Blend
Berries are highly nutritious and are excellent sources of antioxidants. Performance Shake contains amla, maqui berry, and acerola, which are known to reduce inflammation, facilitate muscle recovery, and combat fatigue.
The product also contains acai berries, goji berries, strawberries, and cranberries, which help with cellular regeneration, improve insulin sensitivity, and help regulate lipid profile.
In addition to this, it contains jabuticaba, Schisandra, mangosteen, and pomegranate, which help reduce muscle soreness, increase endurance, boost energy levels, and improve muscle contractions.
In a four-way crossover clinical trial, 12 volunteers were either given acai juice, acai pulp, applesauce, or a non-oxidant control beverage to study the antioxidant effect and pharmacokinetics of acai juice and pulp. The volunteers were asked to fast overnight and were given 7ml/kg doses of respective treatment. Their plasma antioxidant capacity was measured subsequently. The study showed that both acai pulp and applesauce helped increase antioxidant levels in the volunteers. It was further observed that acai pulp had better antioxidant properties than acai juice .
- Greens Balance Blend
Greens have numerous health benefits, such as boosting immunity, increasing metabolism, and promoting eye and skin health.
The product contains chlorella and spirulina, a type of nutrient-dense freshwater algae that help with liver detoxification, prevent diseases, reduce free radical damage, improve heart health, and control blood sugar levels.
It also contains kale, lemon, and bitter melon that help improve blood oxygenation and increase alkalinity in the body, which is important for a healthy digestive system.
In addition, it contains oat grass, alfalfa grass, astragalus, and gotu kola, which have high fiber content and are known to reduce stress levels, boost energy levels, and improve nerve function.
In a randomized, double-blind clinical trial, 11 men were given either 6g of spirulina or a placebo daily for one week. They were made to perform 2 bouts of 30-minute arm cycling exercise and their oxygen uptake was calculated before and after the supplementation. The study showed that spirulina was more effective in increasing oxygen uptake compared to placebo .
- Branched-Chain Amino Acids (BCAA)
It contains branched-chain amino acids, such as isoleucine, leucine, and valine that are required for protein synthesis, increasing lean muscle mass, and protecting joints and tissues.
- Isoleucine helps control blood glucose levels, increases energy and endurance, and accelerates connective tissue repair.
- Leucine promotes skin and bone healing and helps in the synthesis of growth hormone, which is required for a healthy metabolism and improving body fat composition.
- Valine helps boost focus, improve muscle coordination, and promotes emotional calm. It also helps boost energy and promote tissue repair. Its deficiency has been linked to impaired cognitive functions and insomnia.
In a double-blind clinical trial, 16 trained participants were either given 0.087g/kg of leucine, isoleucine, and valine in a 2:1:1 ratio or a placebo. They performed 6 sets of 10 deep squats to induce muscle damage. Their perceived muscle soreness, countermovement jump height, creatine kinase, and other parameters were measured before and after 24 and 48 hours of the treatment. The study showed that BCAAs helped reduce muscle soreness and improved muscle recovery and performance among the treatment group .
- Recovery Micronutrients
It contains vitamins A, C, and D3 which help prevent disease and tissue damage caused by free radicals. It also contains various minerals, such as calcium, iron, magnesium, zinc, sodium, and potassium.
- Calcium helps maintain healthy bones, improve cognition, and regulate heartbeat.
- Zinc and magnesium help reduce fatigue, promote deep sleep, improve bone strength, and keeps skin elastic and supple. They relieve muscle tension and help improve the nervous system and metabolic health.
- Potassium helps maintain normal fluid balance inside the cells and helps control blood pressure and muscle contraction.
- Sodium, its counterpart, helps maintain a healthy fluid level outside the cells and facilitates the transmission of nerve impulses.
- Iron helps with the production of hemoglobin, which helps carry oxygen from the lungs to peripheral tissues.
In an open-label, randomized clinical trial, 126 adults experiencing depression symptoms were either given 248mg of magnesium or a placebo daily for 6 weeks. The improvement in depression symptoms was measured through bi-weekly phone calls that were conducted throughout the treatment period. The participants were also analyzed on the basis of anxiety symptoms and the appearance of side effects. The study showed that elemental magnesium supplementation helped reduce symptoms of depression and anxiety without any side effects .
- Maca Root
Maca root is a biennial plant native to South America.
- It helps fight fatigue, curb stress response, and regulate hormones.
- It also helps alleviate mood and helps regulate your metabolism.
- In addition, it helps regulate blood pressure, increases endurance, and helps reduce free radicals in the body.
A double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical trial was conducted on 175 volunteers to study the effect of maca root on energy levels. They were either given 3g of black maca root, red maca root, or a placebo daily for 12 weeks. The outcomes were assessed by measuring their blood pressure, hemoglobin levels, and blood sugar. The study showed that both red and black maca root extract help improve energy and mood better than the placebo .
- Digestive Blend
It contains protease, papain, amylase, and cellulase, which help with the absorption, breakdown, and assimilation of nutrients.
- Protease helps in protein metabolism by hydrolyzing peptide bonds and converting them into amino acids. It is also involved in blood coagulation and muscle repair.
- Papain is an enzyme derived from papaya fruit, which helps break down proteins, promotes skin and wound healing, and reduces bloating and swelling.
- Amylase helps in the breakdown of carbohydrates and breaks them down into simple sugars. It also helps strengthen immunity and control inflammation.
- Cellulase helps break down cellulose (insoluble fiber) into glucose and helps regulate blood sugar levels. Additionally, it helps reduce the absorption of toxins and bad cholesterol into your bloodstream.
In a placebo-controlled clinical trial, 10 matched pairs of male volunteers were selected to perform downhill running. They were given either 2 protease tablets or a placebo four times a day. The treatment started 1 day before the physical trial and lasted for 4 days. By the end of the study, it was found that protease helped reduce muscle soreness and accelerated muscle recovery better than placebo .
Below are the benefits of taking Lyfe Fuel Meal Replacement Shake regularly.
- Increases Muscle Mass
It contains branched-chain amino acids that serve as substrates for protein synthesis and help you build lean muscles.
- Helps in Muscle Recovery
It helps promote cell regeneration and speed up muscle recovery so that you can continue your workouts with the same vigor.
- Replenishes Lost Nutrients
It contains various vitamins, minerals, and electrolytes that help replenish nutrients that are lost during the workout, allowing you to maximize your workout effectiveness.
- Reduces Post-Workout Soreness
It helps reduce inflammation and prevent post-workout muscle soreness and pain.
- Easy to Digest
Since it contains plant-based nutrition and protein, it doesn’t overwhelm your digestive tract or cause stomach issues, such as abdominal pain, bloating, or diarrhea.
- Doubles Up as Meal Replacement Shake
You may not always have the time (or appetite) for a full meal post-workout. Performance Shake contains nourishing whole grains and superfoods, which makes it a great substitute for your post-workout meal, and thus can be used as meal replacement shakes.
Does LyfeFuel Performance Shake have any Side Effects?
This Complete Meal or Recovery Shake does not have any reported side effects. The goal is to deliver a successful product that is in line with scientific discoveries and empirical proof by intentionally including research-backed ingredients in the Performance Shake’s recipe. Each ingredient is guaranteed to have validated qualities that contribute favorably to performance enhancement according to this methodical selection process. The shake’s composition is further assured to be free of any potentially dangerous or destructive components by the specific inclusion of clean ingredients.
However, those who have any underlying health conditions, are taking prescription medications, or are pregnant or breastfeeding should ideally consult their primary healthcare provider before adding any new supplement to their daily regimen.
5 Reasons to Buy Performance Shake by LyfeFuel
- Promotes muscle growth
- Maximizes muscle recovery
- Provides essential nutrients
- Contains whole foods
- Vegan-friendly, Dairy-Free, Grain-Free, Soy-Free and Non-GMO.
Did You Know?
- Strawberries are a type of rose.
- Despite being eaten as a grain, quinoa is actually a seed.
- Cranberries have been used as a folk remedy for bladder and kidney diseases.
- Gotu kola is referred to as the ‘’fountain of life’’ as it has been used traditionally to promote longevity.
- The word ‘’alfalfa’’ is derived from an Arabic word meaning ‘’horse fodder’’.
- Acai berry has 10 times more antioxidants than grapes.
- Besides LyfeFuel Performance Shake, this company that is famous for selling natural nutrition products also has other products, such as the:
- LyfeFuel Daily Essentials Shake,
- LyfeFuel Essentials Bar,
- LyfeFuel Clarity and
- LyfeFuel Balance.
Why choose Performance Shake Over Other Meal Replacement Products?
Many recovery shakes on the market don’t contain all the necessary ingredients that fuel your workouts and help you recover from them. They often contain protein isolates and don’t provide all the benefits of whole foods that are equally important for maximizing your workout output.
- Performance Shake is a product of Lyfefuel, a California-based vegan brand. The product has been featured on popular platforms, including USA Today and Sports Illustrated.
- Performance Shake is a more advanced form of protein shake. It contains multiple high-quality protein sources along with carefully selected nature’s finest superfoods that are scientifically proven to promote muscle growth and accelerate recovery.
- It is a clean formula with no synthetic colors, preservatives, and sweeteners.
- The product has a noticeably smoother and cleaner taste compared to other vegan meal replacement shakes or vegan protein shakes.
- Plus, it is both in-house and third-party tested for heavy metals, microbial, and other toxins.
- In addition, many recovery shakes contain whey protein isolates that are high in saturated fats and can make you feel slow and sluggish during the day. Performance Shake contains a plant-based protein blend, which helps you stay energized throughout the day.
- It is suitable for people who are vegan, lactose-intolerant, or have heart problems.
- Moreover, plant-based protein sources are much more environment-friendly as they have a lower carbon, energy, and water footprint.
Is Performance Shake the Right Product for You?
If you want to boost your post-workout recovery and build lean muscles, then LyfeFuel’s Performance Shake is the right product for you. Many of their customers have noticed a difference in their training and post-workout muscle soreness, which you won’t find in a basic protein shake.
To prepare the shake, add 1 scoop of Performance Shake to 8 – 12 ounces of liquid, such as cold water or milk, and blend or shake to achieve a smooth consistency. The brand recommends using a blender or shaker instead of stirring for best results.
In case you don’t see the desired results, you are backed by their return guarantee. You can send the unused bottles in their original condition within 30 days of ordering the product and the brand will refund you the full purchase price. If you use the prepaid shipping label enclosed with your order, a fixed fee of $15 will be deducted from the refund amount to cover the shipping cost. For any further queries, you may reach out to them, details are available on the LyfeFuel Official Website.
Where to Buy Performance Shake, Amazon, Walmart, GNC, or other Health Stores?
You can get Performance Shake on the Official LyfeFuel Website, tap here to visit.
- On Subscription:
One bag retail for $50 and makes 24 servings.
- Non-Subscription (One-Time Purchase):
One bag retail for $60 and makes 24 servings.
They offer free shipping on subscription orders of Performance Shake within the US.
The brand also offers a subscription service, which allows you to save 17% on cost. There is no minimum term and you can cancel it anytime.
They ship all orders within 24 hours of placing the order. The standard delivery timing is generally between 3-5 working days, but it depends on factors, such as location, weather, and backlogs.
Reviews and Remarks by Performance Shake Users
Neriah G. from New York, United States of America.
“Prepare yourself for a journey of ultimate tastiness and optimal nutrition, as I unveil the wonders of LyfeFuel Performance Shake! This remarkable Complete Meal cum Recovery Shake has truly transformed my daily routine, filling it with the flavors of joy and the benefits of incredible sustenance. Not to mention, it brings me immense pleasure to share my experience, as this delightful drink has shown no reported side effects – a real game-changer for health enthusiasts like me!”
Kashton S. from Perth, Australia.
“First and foremost, I cannot stress enough how important good nutrition is for achieving peak performance while keeping injuries and fatigue at bay. With LyfeFuel Performance Shake, I have found the perfect formula that truly aids my body in reaching its full potential. Not all meal replacement powders or protein powders are created equal, but this one stands out from the crowd for all the right reasons.”
Tyson P. from Hamilton, Canada.
“The taste of this shake is simply delightful! I was pleasantly surprised by how smooth and creamy it is, making it an absolute pleasure to drink. With its rich, indulgent flavors, I genuinely look forward to my post-workout refuel, knowing that a satisfying treat awaits me. The burst of joy I feel while sipping on this delicious concoction is the cherry on top of a fantastic fitness journey.”
Zayne E. from Glasgow, United Kingdom.
“An aspect that I truly appreciate about LyfeFuel products is its versatility, i have used the Essential Nutrition Shake in the past. And now because of my demanding fitness routine, I switched to the Performance Shake. Whether I’m in a rush to get to a morning workout or need a quick energy boost during a busy day, this shake is a lifesaver. The easy-to-use packaging allows me to prepare it in seconds, just by adding water or my favorite plant-based milk. It’s incredibly convenient and saves me precious time, not to mention the hassle of cooking and cleaning up afterward.”
Sonny T. from Pretoria, South Africa.
“As someone with a sensitive stomach, I approach new food products with caution. However, LyfeFuel Performance Shake has passed my digestive test with flying colors! Crafted with natural, non-GMO ingredients and free from grain, dairy, and soy, this shake promises a gentle and enjoyable digestion experience for all. I appreciate how it never leaves me feeling bloated or uneasy, even after consuming it daily.”
Nasir K. from Sharjah, UAE.
“The results I’ve seen since incorporating LyfeFuel Performance Shake into my regimen have been phenomenal. I have noticed a significant improvement in my energy levels, endurance, and overall recovery. It’s heartwarming to see that my dedication to a healthy lifestyle has been amplified by this wonderful product.”
Performance Shake by Lyfe Fuel is undoubtedly one of the most advanced post-workout recovery shakes on the market as it offers more than just protein. It contains all 9 amino acids and whole foods that provide all the necessary vitamins, minerals, digestive enzymes, antioxidants, and electrolytes. It helps boost muscle recovery, improve muscle growth and strength, and help reduce post-workout soreness and pain.
The product is completely natural and comes in two delicious flavors. Additionally, you are covered by their 100% customer happiness guarantee and can save a lot by subscribing to the product.
Bounce back stronger with Performance Shake, to grab your bag, click here to visit the LyfeFuel Official Website.
- Babault N, Païzis C, Deley G, Guérin-Deremaux L, Saniez MH, Lefranc-Millot C, Allaert FA. Pea proteins oral supplementation promotes muscle thickness gains during resistance training: a double-blind, randomized, Placebo-controlled clinical trial vs. Whey protein. J Int Soc Sports Nutr. 2015 Jan 21;12(1):3. doi: 10.1186/s12970-014-0064-5. PMID: 25628520; PMCID: PMC4307635.
- Mertens-Talcott SU, Rios J, Jilma-Stohlawetz P, Pacheco-Palencia LA, Meibohm B, Talcott ST, Derendorf H. Pharmacokinetics of anthocyanins and antioxidant effects after the consumption of anthocyanin-rich acai juice and pulp (Euterpe oleracea Mart.) in human healthy volunteers. J Agric Food Chem. 2008 Sep 10;56(17):7796-802. doi: 10.1021/jf8007037. Epub 2008 Aug 12. PMID: 18693743.
- Gurney T, Spendiff O. Spirulina supplementation improves oxygen uptake in arm cycling exercise. Eur J Appl Physiol. 2020 Dec;120(12):2657-2664. doi: 10.1007/s00421-020-04487-2. Epub 2020 Sep 5. PMID: 32892320; PMCID: PMC7674321.
- Waldron M, Whelan K, Jeffries O, Burt D, Howe L, Patterson SD. The effects of acute branched-chain amino acid supplementation on recovery from a single bout of hypertrophy exercise in resistance-trained athletes. Appl Physiol Nutr Metab. 2017 Jun;42(6):630-636. doi: 10.1139/apnm-2016-0569. Epub 2017 Jan 27. PMID: 28177706.
- Tarleton EK, Littenberg B, MacLean CD, Kennedy AG, Daley C. Role of magnesium supplementation in the treatment of depression: A randomized clinical trial. PLoS One. 2017 Jun 27;12(6):e0180067. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0180067. PMID: 28654669; PMCID: PMC5487054.
- Gonzales-Arimborgo C, Yupanqui I, Montero E, Alarcón-Yaquetto DE, Zevallos-Concha A, Caballero L, Gasco M, Zhao J, Khan IA, Gonzales GF. Acceptability, Safety, and Efficacy of Oral Administration of Extracts of Black or Red Maca (Lepidium meyenii) in Adult Human Subjects: A Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Study. Pharmaceuticals (Basel). 2016 Aug 18;9(3):49. doi: 10.3390/ph9030049. PMID: 27548190; PMCID: PMC5039502.
- Miller PC, Bailey SP, Barnes ME, Derr SJ, Hall EE. The effects of protease supplementation on skeletal muscle function and DOMS following downhill running. J Sports Sci. 2004 Apr;22(4):365-72. doi: 10.1080/02640410310001641584. PMID: 15161110.
Emily F. is a Licensed Independent Nutrition Professional and a fitness trainer at ShreffitNY. My sole purpose of being here is to provide a fitness guide and health assistance with some most unorthodox means so that people can overcome every problem that age, time, and stress hit us down with.